Sunday, June 19, 2011

Ibuprofen Helped, But...

The ibuprofen did help my left side. It took a couple of hours for it to kick in. I'm back to not sleeping very well because I have that uncomfortable feeling in my scrotum. Today, I went to church and started to feel sheepish, because so many other people there have cancer or some other life threatening disease. However, I know that PVPS is a lifestyle threatening disease. In other words, it can break up your marriage, damper your parenting abilities, force you out of work, etc.

But, going to church always helps me to put things in perspective. The gnawing pain on my left has subsided for now, but right on cue, my right side is starting to let me know it's not done hurting. My goal is to get off my butt and try staying upright as much as possible today. We have a father's day dinner with my wife's dad, so I have that to look forward to.

Otherwise, I'm just going to try and do my best. If I need to take medicine than so be it. I'm tired of being in pain. I think I just need a 2-5 day period break. It seems like chronic pain beats me down emotionally and spiritually. Again, as one person put it..."If you can take a pain pill to get relief, than why wouldn't you?". I don't think that should be a daily pronouncement, but to give yourself a break every now and then, I think it's a relevant idea.

No comments: