Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Exhausted From Never-Ending Stimulation

I've struggled to put into words what having PVPS is like. Sure, the pain is terrible. Nobody told me pain or epididymitis was a potential side-effect of having the vasectomy in the first place. All that is true, but I am amazed at how exhausting it is to have constant stimulation in my groin. If it's not a tingling, it's a prickly feeling. If it's not sharp pain, it's a dull ache. It's in the inguinal area, it's at the base of the scrotum, it's on the left, it's on the right.

I'm just exhausted from the constant barage of stimulation. The last day has been a prickly feeling at the base of my scrotum, in the perianal region. If I sit for longer than 15 minutes, I get nerve pain. It's just frustrating.

This morning I woke up needing to stretch a lot. Whenever that happens, I know I'm going to have some kind of nerve pain. It's still early, so we'll see what happens.

No comments: