Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Last Day of Rapaflo

I took my last rapaflo pill last night. Here are my impressions so far.

- my nerve pain was still present, although, not as frequent
- it made me a little lightheaded and may have had slight impact on my heart disease
- semen almost became non-existent (weird side effect)
- was able to have greater activity

I just don't know if it was the rapaflo or the fact that more time had passed since my surgery. I'll be curious to see what happens in these next couple of days without the rapaflo. I'm also curious about my hormone levels. I should know my test results in a couple of weeks.

Last night my wife and I got together. I don't feel any better or worse as a result. No next day pain on my left side, like I would normally have with an E.J. My right side didn't feel very "congested" before and it doesn't afterwards. So, overall, I'm encouraged by this.

Also, I woke up to pee last night. That is the first time since I've been on the rapaflo that I've woken up to urinate at night. Then I had to go again at 7:00, then at 8:30. I don't think I drank all that much last night and everytime I went to the bathroom, a lot came out. It wasn't like I had trouble emptying or anything.

Another thing, I have noticed a new pain on my right side, at the location of the surgery. It feels like something is getting tangled up in my scrotum, at the reversal site, and it's causing a racking sensation. To make it go away, I just stand up. I had that sensation about 3 weeks ago for the first time and then again just a few minutes ago, while I was sitting down, helping my daughter with her spelling words.

Yet another weird pain associated with scrotal surgery. You know, before I had my vasectomy, I had this real fear about it. Inside, I didn't want to have it done. But I let my pride get in the way of this fear. I eventually talked myself into it for the greater good (read my vasectomy story to find out what that is). I've learned to stick to my gut on these things. It seems to be right most of the time.

No comments: