Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Waking up at Night

Something weird has been happening the last couple of months. I'm not sure if it's related to my reversal surgery or my cardiomyopathy. I'm waking up at night having to urinate. I've never had to do this before. I remember my heart doctor asking if I would do this, to which I always answered "no".

This has me wondering what the deal is. Something else that has happened since my vasectomy almost 6 years ago is that when I do urinate, it's nothing like when I was in my twenties or early thirties. There is a lot of dribbling involved and I would have difficulty emptying my bladder completely.

My uro gave me some "rapidflo" meds which is supposed to help, if it's uro related. He thinks my anatomy is such that something or other sits lower in my pelvis and is therefore making me have these problems. I took a Rapidflo pill last night and woke up at 2:00 am having to pee like a race horse. I had to go again at 6:50 am.

I'll try these pills for a couple of weeks and see if that helps, but I'm a little concerned about my heart. It's been eight months since I've been able to exercise. I hope this dreaded PVPS hasn't hurt it further. I need to find some kind of consistant aerobic exercise that won't hurt my scrotum. If I walk too fast, my groin and scrotum hurt. But I can't think of anything else to do. I know I'm not supposed to ride a bike. I don't have access to a pool. I'm not sure what that leaves.

As far as pain goes, I had an  "e-jac" (code for you know what) yesterday evening. The sensation on my right side went away, but my left side became very achey afterwards. Not sure what the deal is. This morning though, I have a little twinge sensation in both my right and left inguinal area, but nothing I would consider painful. I hope this is as bad as I will feel today.

No comments: