Friday, April 22, 2011

My Prayer for Those Who Suffer Pain

I have to say that yesterday was one of my best days since my reversal. Of course, I didn't do any driving, lifting, vigorous activity, etc. However, it was nice to have a relatively stress free day (with regards to pain, that is). I only got a little stretching in yesterday before bed and I didn't get a chance to walk. I am hoping to do that today though, weather permitting.

We're trying to get the house ready to be put on the market, so that means projects to do. I'm doing some tape/bedding of drywall today and painting this weekend. Hopefully, that little activity won't be bothersome. When I paint though, I'll need to make sure I'm not straining my core with a lot of bending and stooping. That seems to exacerbate the nerve pain quite a bit.

So not much to report today and I hope it stays that way! I just keep asking God to help me and all of us who suffer from post-vasectomy pain and congestion. I get encouraged when I read about other men who have had the reversal and after about a year or so, say they're about 95% better. I just hope that is the case for me. I'd take 95% if it were offered right now. I think most of us would.

Prayer for the day. Lord God, show us mercy and help all those who are in pain. None of us asked for the pain, yet it's here. May we grow closer to you and become stronger as a result of the pain, but please bring us through it and make us well. May your will be accomplished in the healing and may it bring you glory. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments: