Monday, April 4, 2011

Bad Pain Day Today

Well, I guess camping and hiking was too much for my groin nerves. Lots of pain today, from right out of the gate. I woke up and had to go to the bathroom. While I was doing my business, I had this nerve pain shoot to the end of my penis. Then 1 hour later, I had to go pee again. Same result. This repeated itself 2 more times.

I had always heard about people have nerve pain in their penis, but I was hopeful that I wouldn't experience it. Lucky me I guess. With each passing day, I develop a growing hatred for this syndrome. That is saying something because I already went into this thing hating it pretty badly.

I don't understand the nerve pain thing at all. I never experienced it after my vasectomy. It's a new thing for me since my reversal. Prior to my reversal, I JUST had epididymitis every 6 months. Now I've got this constant companion of nerve pain. I get a day off from it every now and then, but for the most part, it's like a bad habit I can't shake.

Today I had pain while going #1. I've heard people having nerve pain while making love to their spouse, which totally ruined the experience for both husband and wife. I pray that doesn't happen to me. However, it has only been a couple of months since my reversal and everyone says to be patient. I can't tell you how difficult that is for me. I want this to be in my rear view mirror so badly. My wife does too.

For me and others who suffer from PVPS, the following definition applies:

Regret equals vasectomy.

No comments: