Saturday, December 1, 2012

Consistent Workouts

I've said this before, but exercise workouts help my PVPS. Whether it's walking, hiking or some type of aerobic activity, it just makes everything feel better. My thoughts are there is an increase in blood flow to the affected area, which helps in some way. Not sure how, but that's just my working theory.

I got on the treadmill yesterday and noticed very little pain in the afternoon and evening. This morning, I have had a little twinge, but only after sitting on rock hard bleachers while my son went to basketball try-outs. Once I got walking around, the pain went away.

You'd think that knowing this would cause me to walk or exercise all the time. But human nature being what it is, means that I do what I don't want to do, and don't do what I should do. I think Paul says that same thing in the bible. Anyway, there are none truer words for me than those.

I'm hoping that junior basketball for my son and the normal daily activities of life will begin an uptick in activity for me. I'll probably help out at practices and games, which means I won't want to embarrass myself by having jello legs on the court.

I suppose I have no choice now, walking and running, seem to be in my immediate future, and that can only help calm my vasectomy side effects.

No comments: