Friday, April 29, 2011

The Roller Coaster Hit a Plateau and a Prayer

Okay, if I thought I was nervous yesterday, I'm even more so today. For whatever reason, my vasectomy pain syndrome was kept at bay again. That's now over 48 hours with hardly any pain at all. A very slight twinge here and there, but that's about it.

The only thing I've done differently is I've taken this medicine called Rapaflo which is for people who have stream difficulties with their urination. I casually mentioned to my uro that I was having some dribbling issues when I went to the bathroom and that my stream wasn't what I thought it should be. He felt my anatomy was causing some challenges and gave me some samples of Rapaflo. I didn't take them because I didn't want anything to interfere with my epididymitis, plus I just didn't feel like taking another medicine, on top of everything else.

But now I've taken it for three days and coincidentally, my pain has all but disappeared. I've heard of other people taking this type of medicine and then their post vasectomy pain went away also. Not a lot of people, just 1 or 2. Anyway, I gave it a shot and so far so good. Again, it's too early to attribute my improvement to the Rapaflo, but I'll take whatever I can get.

Rapaflo is an alpha-blocker that supposedly relaxes the muscles of the prostate and bladder. Perhaps, my prostate muscles have been fairly bound up because of my epididymitis and swelling after my reversal surgery. I'm not really sure. I'll have to ask my uro more about it the next time I see him. Meanwhile, my pain has been all but not existent. The pain I had on my left side that I had after my e-jac has also disappeared. It also looked like, at least for a few hours the other day, that my spermatocele had shrunk in size. However, last night it looked like it always has.

Hopefully, my wife and I can get together now that my pain is a little bit better under control. There are a few guys I'll be praying for, S and A in the group. So won't you join me and asking our Lord to help those two ment out?

Lord God, please help these two guys out. They didn't ask for this pain, but they have it. Give them healing and relief of their pain. May they come to know You better as a result of these experiences. Help us all to see you better as you work in our lives. Please don't turn away from us, but continue to show us your mercy and grace during these trying times of pain and frustration. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments: